Why I Broke Down On His First Day Of Kindergarten

Tuesday, April 3, 2012
I stood in the dressing room of Gap Kids with my 5-year-old son, Matthew, and his 3-year-old brother Andy, clothes strewn all around us. I was trying to find just the right outfit for Matthew's first day of kindergarten. He had recently been diagnosed with autism, and I was devastated, but trying to cheer myself up with this ceremonial milestone.

First Baby Photo Hilary Duff Shared Online
Obama: Daughters' Sports A Source Of Anguish, Joy
What's Making This Baby Crack Up?
The 26-Ingredient Burger Kids Get At School
Emotional Breakthrough For Dad Who Received Face Transplant
BLOG POSTS
Nancy Alvarez: What We Learn, and Pass On, from Our Mothers
It comforts me to know that my mother will live on in us, and hopefully, in the generations to follow.
Lisa Belkin: Want To Bet? A New Dad Promises Not To Write About His Son Ever Again
"Can I tell you what I'm not going to do? I'm not going to turn this column into a series of wry observations on fatherhood." Wanna bet?
Carre Otis: A Sisterhood of Inner Beauty
For me, having two young daughters has not only expanded my access to joy and deepened my sense of gratitude, but it has heightened my concern for the dangerously subversive messages they've already started to receive.
Kelly Dorfman: It's Hard Being Mean
In a world of too many choices, kids need parents to create a structure for healthy eating.
Melinda Wentzel: A Sacrilege of Sorts
I'd rather my heathens wantonly festoon the dog with lipstick ("...because we wanted to give him purple-ish lips, Mom!") than to rob themselves of the parting gift of a fine book.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar